Build 7 is the first build with a movement functional player in a test environment. The game is still very basic but this test is important for a few reasons.
- It will let me dial in controls (things like, is it practical to be able to sprint or jump)
- Let me dial in player speed
- Lets me see the art style and if it looks good with the colors I'm using
- Lets me test out creating the levels inside unity
- Lets me test out continuous integration
- Give me a first look at how I want the game to feel
There is not much else to say about such an early prototype. Once I have some more of the mechanics in place it will work out better. I may need to reduce the scope for the game jam. Especially since I only have 3 or 4 more days to work on mechanics and then I have to start working on the procedural content like set pieces and generational scripting. Of which I'll only have about 4 days to do, then its sound and UI to finish it up.
I really like this idea and I'm hoping it's at least semi-fun. If it is, after the jam I'll make an elemental magic game with dungeons instead of arenas.
Get Fire Boy
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.